Likely the most glowiest woman in Hollywood, Jennifer Lopez certainly does not look her age at 51! Yes there are many things at play here, like genetics, access to the best dermatologists in the world, a strict diet, good sleep and exercise. Regardless, she looks amazing and every woman in North America wants her complexion.
So how does she do it? She ...
- Has a great sleep routine. She claims to get about nine hours of sleep every night. We all know the importance of sleep especially for our physical and mental health, but now we know that it’s directly related to great skin as well.
- Focuses on internal happiness. Even more reason to adore her, J.Lo explains "I also definitely think beauty comes from within—you have to keep your mind, soul, body and spirit in sync," she added.
- Meditates. I am seeing a pattern here now. It’s not just about the outside creams and fillers. "I am a firm believer in meditating and when you are happy and feel joy and love, you radiate beauty" she explains.
- Eats a strict diet. No alcohol, no caffeine, tons of protein, all fresh and organic foods (lots of salads), and no crap!
- Drinks tons of water. She loves lemon water and will drink upwards to 7-glasses a day.
- Exercises everyday. J.Lo loves dancing and doe so 5-days a week on top of having a personal trainer for everything else. She knows that a strong and healthy body contributes to beautiful skin.
- Always washes her face. Especially after a workout. “I always, always wash my face after a workout. That helps keep my pores clean and my skin feeling healthy,” she explained to Hello!
- Uses SPF everyday. As part of her morning routine, she always wears SPF.
- Uses glycolic acid. She uses “glycolic acid to get that healthy glow and clear skin,” she explained to People.
- Goes makeup free. When she is not working, she rarely wears any makeup. I have tried this too and let me tell you, on the days following my makeup-free one’s my skin is definitely glowing more! (Psst, I exfoliate with Mint coffee scrub to keep up the glow and clear my sinuses.)
- Has an extensive cream collection. This is all reported, so not sure it’s the truth, but here are some items the media claims she uses: Lancer The Method Cleanse, Lancer Skincare Eye Contour Lifting Cream with Diamond Powder, La Mer the Moisturizing Soft Cream, Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream, and Sjal Saphir Concentrate Anti-Aging Face Oil.
So, where are fillers and injections and special magical powders? Well, there are none, but she has a lot to be thankful for when it comes to her DNA, mindset and health regimen.
But if you’re set back by the damage you’ve done- late nights, too much coffee, not enough sleep, always forget the SPF- then there are ways you can still strive to get that J.Lo Glow.
Here are some tips from the Koffee Beauty team:
- Diet: Cut the C.R.A.P. (caffeine, refined sugars, alcohol, processed foods) and drink tons of water.
- Inflammation: Look out for foods that cause inflammation and water retention. This leads to bags under your eyes and otherwise puffy skin. This includes salty foods, high-fructose corn syrup, artificial trans fats, soybean oil, refined carbs (candy, bread, cereals and all processed foods), alcohol, processed meats.
- Get your sleep: 20 or 45-years-old, age doesn't matter. We all need consisten great sleep.
- Wear SPF: Sun damage is irreversible. You can use our scrubs to minimize the appearance of fine lines and some age spots, but it won’t make it all magically disappear.
- Cleanse and cream: Always wash your face and use organic or proper creams. To get the maximum benefit of your creams, exfoliate 2-3x/ week. I recommend using our Vanilla scrub if you want a yummy relaxing treatment.
- Exfoliate! Obviously ladies! Here’s why: it removes the crap from the outer layers and stimulates the production of new skin cells, a key part of your skin’s natural anti-aging process.
Sure you can do what J.Lo does (and we highly recommend it), but most of us don’t have access to the trainers and nutritionists she has. So keep it simple, sleep, drink tons of water, eat well, meditate, wash your face and exfoliate!