October— the season of falling leaves, warm sweats, and oh yes, scrumptious lattes.
In honour of one of coffee's most popular months (who are we kidding, coffee is popular every month) we've rounded up the BEST latte of the season!
Ladies and gentleman, we present to you, the lattes.
This timeless latte can easily be made into a healthy alternative (use almond, soy or coconut milk instead of dairy) with very few ingredients.
- baking & spices
- 3/16 tsp cinnamon
- 5/16 cup palm sugar
- 1 cup double strength coffee
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee (hot)
- cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
Turmeric lattes are PERFECT for fall and have been making their mark in local coffee shops over the past few months. Turmeric is a superfood and has incredible health benefits! So by drinking one of these, you may actually be doing yourself a favour.
2 cups of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
¼ tsp fresh ginger
¼ tsp turmeric
pinch of pepper
pinch or more of cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee (hot)
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Whipped cream, for serving
A little twist on Starbuck's classic white mocha, this version of the drink includes almond extract to add a rich, nutty flavour.
- 2 c. low fat milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 c. half and half
- 2/3 c. white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Low fat whipped cream